Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, exceptional customer service is at the heart of our success. As the Sales Assistant, you will maintain reports, track shipments and deal with any issues that arise. Your strong work ethic and excellent communication skills will ensure our customers have a positive experience with every interaction. We will give you the tools, resources and support you need to build a career you’re not only proud of, but one you’ll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Enter loads into the system and confirm notes about the status of shipments
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments with warehouses and customers
- Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery
- Communicate with the customer on the status of the shipment
- Handle any issues that may arise on any shipment and communicate with the customer
- Complete data entry into the Transportation Management System (TMS) and prepare loads for accounting, ensuring they are error-free and complete
- Identify all shipments, billing or follow-up issues and share them with the Sales Manager and Carrier Operations Group
- Prioritize the daily workload and focus of your accounts, including load entry, tracking and creating tracking reports
- Monitor report cards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of related experience and/or training
It’d be great if you also have:
- 1 year of related experience and/or training, with a general understanding of the transportation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated work style; able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail