We Provide Solutions. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Sales you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Sales Teams are often the public face of our organization. As a result we make every effort to support and develop their skills. Working across a strong customer base, you’ll find you have the flexibility and autonomy to structure your days while having the confidence that comes from promoting a well-recognized and trusted brand. With lots of opportunities for repeat business and referrals, we also offer outstanding support, plus great pay and benefits.
The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for effectively selling T-SPOT.TB and Imugen Tick Borne Disease tests within an assigned geographic territory. The TM is responsible for direct sales to hospital Employee Health, Human Resources, hospital laboratories, commercial laboratories, public health departments and universities. Depending on territory, the TM may sell to high-potential physician practices. This position requires regular travel within assigned territory and may require occasional overnight travel.
• Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Successfully build and execute an annual business plan with quarterly updates in alignment with defined sales process.
• Accurately forecast and maintain a sales funnel of new opportunities to consistently attain quarterly and annual sales goals for all assigned products.
• Manage time effectively; prioritize and make good business judgments and decisions in relationship to efficiency and effectiveness, while meeting call expectations.
• Cold call and build a sales pipeline that will provide ongoing revenue goal achievement.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively present to small and large groups while using a white board or PowerPoint.
• Effectively and successfully sell cross-departmentally within a hospital, IDN or public health organization. Effectively and successfully manage sales processes within multiple market segments; Employee Health, Human Resources, Public Health, Student Health, Hospital Laboratory, Commercial Laboratory and Physician Office.
• Attend local and national professional trade shows and events as requested to promote OI’s products and services to all customers.
• Maintain and grow T-SPOT.TB Test business by increasing utilization in current customer base:
o Effectively perform T-SPOT.TB/ODL in-services, training and implementation with pertinent personnel and physician staff
o Effectively insulate accounts against competition utilizing the benefits T-SPOT.TB Test
• Integrate successfully into team selling environment by partnering sales efforts with sales leadership, counterparts and internal support team:
• Maintain detailed account, opportunity and activity-related information in Salesforce.com
Education, Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor of Arts/Science from an accredited university required. Science background is highly desired.
• Candidate must have 5+ years’ medical sales experience. Medical device or diagnostics sales experience selling to multiple decision-makers and business-to-business experience preferred.
• Candidate must have demonstrated track record of success and sales accomplishments with specific experience negotiating and securing budget for services.
• Strong persuasiveness, influence and closing skills are required.
• Candidate must have the ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive and complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
• Must have valid driver’s license
Necessary Performance metrics to be considered for TM 3 promotion:
• Must have minimum tenure of 2 years in current role with OI.
• In current role, must have six (6) of last eight (8) quarters at or above 100% OR two consecutive years with annual performance at or above 100% to plan OR be in the top 15% of salesforce ranking for two consecutive years.
• Demonstrated expertise / use of Salesforce.com as evidenced by:
o Above average sales call activity – scheduled face to face and presentations
o Consistently maintains current close dates and commit values regarding open opportunities
• Has made meaningful contributions to the broader organizations. This includes leading sessions at regional and/or national meetings.
• Demonstrate mastery of Point of View and Solution whiteboard selling