Compensation Range: $48,000-$52,000
Irby Utilities is one of the three largest electrical utility distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 500 employees across more than 45 branches in 27 states. Irby Utilities has experienced incredible growth over the past five years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, Portland, and Minneapolis.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Responsible for maintaining an ongoing FR clothing program and servicing customers in the specific product areas of Flame Resistant (FR) clothing, high visibility clothing, arc flash clothing and accessories, work clothing and other clothing items to support Outside Sales operations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to requests from customers and salespersons on matters pertaining to the application of job specific clothing and personal protective equipment.
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical knowledge of general and specialty clothing and personal protective equipment to assist customers and other company personnel.
- Assists customers in determining merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold by use, vendor, catalog and catalog number, reference materials, and special selling points.
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better understand customer needs by phone and customer visits.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person to receive orders for products.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard or non-standard merchandise.
- Identifies and uses appropriate company and/or customer pricing systems when quoting or selling merchandise.
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise, price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific record-keeping requirements.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of vendor lead-times.
- Reviews customer complaints concerning billing or products sold, assists in investigation and resolution.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Works with Purchasing Department to review purchase orders, set inventory levels, and identify discontinued items and suitable replacement items.
- Works with Pricing Group in preparation of product part number loading into ERP system.
- Contacts vendors to expedite purchase orders and updates ship dates in ERP system.
- Assists with shipping, receiving, and cycle counting material as needed.
- Sell and promote branch and company-wide promotions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric scales; calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, discounts, and margins.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Math Functions
- Selling Techniques
- Cycle Counting