Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time (M-F) Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse to work in our housing sites and MedPlus clinic at our Granite City, Maryville, and Belleville locations.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Complete services, including but not limited to medication administration, monitoring and training and case management services as indicated on treatment plans.
- Assess consumers for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings, making referrals or coordinating prescriber reviews when indicated.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required data entry and paperwork, accounting to all funder requirements and in a timely manner in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures.
- Review medical records to ensure completeness including all prescriber and consumer signatures are obtained as required.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Respond appropriately and timely, to all consumer and family member inquiries regarding medication refills, questions and/or concerns.
- Administer, evaluate, and appropriately document TB skin tests.
- Promote and provide medical teaching from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Active Illinois Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license required
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR)
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text 'Chestnut' to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Electronic Medical Record
Diseases And Disorders
Long Term Care
Maintain Patient Confidentiality