To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
- Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc.
- Phone: 757-398-2980
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. • San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Electrician Helpers are responsible for assisting Marine Electricians, performing specific or general duties of lesser skill such as keeping worker supplied with materials or tools; running cables; Cleaning work area, equipment, and machinery; and performing tasks following instructions from journeyman.
- Assist Marine Electrician in installing and repairing wiring, fixtures, and equipment aboard ship and shipyard facilities.
- Supplies Electricians with materials and tools, using handtrucks, or by carrying material.
- Follow written and verbal instructions from Marine Electrician.
- Supply , lift, and hold material or tools.
- Perform basic machine operations.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Use power hand and power tools such as: wire strippers, cutters, screwdrivers, sawzalls, drills, grinders, scalers, etc.
- Assist in equipment and wiring testing.
- Install, run, and/or remove electric wiring and wire labeling.
- Assist in the removal, replacement/installation of Multi Cable Transits (MCTs).
- Minimum of One (1) year of previous (Electrical, Cable Pulling, Electrician Helper) experience.
- OSHA 10-Hour Maritime Certificate. 
- Must have some knowledge to support electrician trade.
- Must have knowledge of cable removal and installation process.
- Must have basic knowledge of blueprint and schematics.
- Be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor and small groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
- Ability to use hand and power tools associated with the trade efficiently and in a safely manner.
- Successfully pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening. 
- Must be Physically and Medically qualified to wear required Personal Protective Equipment for the trade.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, ladders, reach, twist, work at elevated heights and small spaces.
- Candidates must be US Persons. 
- Must possess or be eligible to get a DBID (Defense Biometric Identification).
- Have flexible schedule, be able to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and do overtime if required.
 OSHA Course of Certification will be provided to qualifying candidates.
 Venture Dynamics Enterprise requires all candidates and employees to comply to its Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
 United States Citizen or Alien Admitted for permanent residence in the United States).