Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for a Java Developer to work onsite in Charlotte, NC. This will initially be a 12 month contract assignment and has potential to extend up to 24 months.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets.
Check out the qualifications below. If you feel that you meet these, please apply online. Let us help you make that next great career decision!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a new enterprise logging platform along with required reference data system; and partner with application developers and other technology and risk stakeholders for the success of this new platform.
• Be a full-stack technical expert in the area of application event-streaming and logging.
• The candidate will be an expert with modern enterprise technologies including Kafka, Java/.Net and REST API design. The candidate will also be familiar with operational data platforms and tools including MongoDB, Elastic, Splunk etc
• The candidate will be working in an Scrum-based Agile environment and be responsible for user story creation, estimation (story points or hours), and other tasks as required
• Our team is empowered to help our business partners succeed.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
• Technical BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• 8+ years of application development and Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
• 8+ years of experience core Java development experience with building integration using technologies including Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, JMS, Kafka, Elastic, Splunk, Tomcat, Hibernate, Log4j2/SLF4J/Logback, SOA, Microservices, Mule, Websphere MQ, Tibco
• Experience with building and integrating REST/SOAP Services and related technology including Swagger, Raml, JSON
• Build and deployment experience using Maven, Gradle, Jenkins tools like uDeploy or TFS
• Experience with major relational database and NoSql database e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
• Mixed Container and OS Platform deployment including Windows, Unix\Linux, Docker, Amazon AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
• Basic performance tuning and using logging monitoring applications e.g. Splunk, AppDynamics, JMX
• Experience with application security (e.g. SSL, Encryption, Oauth, etc.)
This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing. Will not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies.
We offer benefits for purchase that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as an excellent 401k plan.
Advantage Reference # 544202
Ruby On Rails