Successful candidate will be required to develop and manage long-term customer relationships and maximize gross margin contribution through sales of new and used equipment. Will represent and sell agricultural products and/or services to customers in the Preston, ID trade area. Will coordinate, organize and work trade shows. In addition, will become comfortable operating and demonstrating all equipment available for sale. A successful candidate will be expected to work some Saturdays during the summer months.
What You’ll Do:
Must be able to provide robust customer service by displaying a positive attitude to ensure the highest customer satisfaction possible. Have excellent organizational skills and effective follow-up; outstanding communication skills a must; ability to adapt communications style to the person and/or situation. Become comfortable with financing options in order to assist customers; constantly strive to improve knowledge of features of all equipment sold by dealership; stay up-to-date with industry trends; work with management to create an annual forecast of anticipated sales and grow revenues.
- Experience in modern agriculture practices
- Basic GPS knowledge
- High integrity, loyal, team player, excellent communicator both written and verbal, organized, highly motivated
- Process paperwork timely and accurately
- Ability to multi-task effectively, stay organized and operate under stress
- Minimum of 3-5 years of outside sales experience, preferably in agriculture or related field
- Long hours including Saturdays may be required to maximize sales and achieve/surpass annual sales goals
- Clean driving record
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed for training and company meetings
A strong candidate will also have:
- Computer skills
- Experience in the Ag Industry
- Comfortable with mechanical issues
- 5+ years sales experience
- Understanding of John Deere (or equivalent) equipment, vehicles, and implements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and a telephone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements (i.e. have the visual acuity to read words and numbers on the computer screen and on paper.)
- Hearing ability sufficient to communicate with others in person or over the phone.
- Light to moderate lifting may be required (up to 50 pounds.)
- Ability to reach, stoop, kneel, and bend as needed.
What You'll Get:
- John Deere training
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- Paid time off
- Career growth
Compensation: Base plus commission