First Midwest, with assets over $16 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
In a courteous and professional manner, serve clients by processing a variety of transactions using good judgment within prescribed limits regarding the validity of transaction requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required, or in process
- PC, 10 key, and keyboard skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Minimum of six months Teller experience required
- Face to face customer service skills preferred
- Proficient at Teller Level I skills and responsibilities
- Position requires the need to work varied hours/days including occasional overtime as business dictates. May need to travel to other branch locations
- Serve clients at Teller window in a courteous and professional manner by processing a variety of transactions using good judgment within prescribed limits regarding the validity of transaction requested
- Full participation in Bank’s Sales Program as directed by the Branch Manager
- Activities may include but not be limited to; call night, referrals, branch meetings, and sales contests
- Follow all policies and guidelines including internal security measures, including internal security measures involved in opening and closing of the facility, and those in the First Midwest Bank Teller Policy Manual, and Teller Procedure Manual
- Participate in all required training sessions for Compliance
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protection statutes/regulations in a defined area of responsibility
- Implement bank-directed changes relating to regulatory amendments
- Attend and participate in Training classes offered by First Midwest Training & Development specific to the Teller position
- Work with Branch Manager, Teller Supervisor, and coworkers towards development and achievement of Bank, Branch, and Individual Goals
- Perform back-room or operational duties of Teller line as requested by Teller Supervisor
- Mentor less experienced Tellers
- Operate coin wrapping and counting equipment
- Assist in end of day procedures as required
- Maintain Branch supplies, and Teller forms
- May be responsible to balance ATM’s where appropriate
- Responsible for continued growth in knowledge of FMB products
- May be responsible to open and close facility under dual control
- Must fully meet Teller Standards including responsibility for balancing daily within a reasonable time and with minimum differences according to Bank’s established Teller Difference Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply and Supplement URL blocked - click to apply.