To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winston-Salem, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Payroll Manager
Hanesbrands Inc. • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Successful applicant will be assigned to the US Payroll department. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: managerial staff management and development, payroll process design and optimization, reporting and metrics development, operating plan management and communication as well as interaction with multiple levels of the organization including executive management. Position is heavily involved with HR partners, Legal and IT to produce timely payroll according to federal, state and local laws. Position will be the Hanesbrands subject matter expert on payroll activities and will be expected to stay current on industry trends, changes in laws/regulations affecting payroll and payroll tax. In addition, this position is an integral part of the GTS (Global Transaction Services) leadership team, championing GTS initiatives and ensuring that department staff understand and embrace the mission, vision and values of the Global Transaction Services.
Enter information into financial systems in order to properly record accounting transactions, pay vendors, collect cash, manage deductions, pay employees.
- Investigate, resolve and reconcile transactions with errors including end-to-end process collaboration with business partners from other functions.
- Identify, research and communicate new laws impacting function. Establish procedures and controls to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company laws/policies.
- Deliver customer service to internal and external customers through variety of communication systems including email, help desk platform, phone, text and online video.
- Compliance responsibilities for multi-state corporation covering 43 states and 200+ local jurisdictions
- Supports department handling $450M per anum Total US Payroll Dollars.
- Supports department handling $140M per annum Total US Payroll Tax Dollars.
Supports over 8,000 Total Employees.
Advanced competencies that include strong functional expertise, ability to break down problems into manageable tasks, taking initiative and executing independently, setting business aligned goals for team and demonstrating accountability.
Intermediate competencies that include understanding emerging technologies, understanding business operations and ability to discuss financial performance in terms of key value drivers.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 10+ years relevant experience required.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Multi-state Large Corporation Experience preferred.
Advanced verbal and written communication skills required.
Advanced payroll accounting skills required.
Advanced Excel Skills required.
Intermediate skills in other MS Office Applications required.
Experience with Lawson Payroll preferred.
- Experience with SuccessFactors preferred.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: