To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilton, CT 06897
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Design Engineer - Reliability Engineering
ASML • Wilton, CT
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
Join ASML, the world leader in the development, design, and manufacturing of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. Headquartered in the Netherlands, ASML offers an integrated portfolio of lithography systems used by ASML’s customers to produce complex integrated circuits. Those circuits are then used in a vast array of business, medical and consumer electronics.
ASML is seeking an accomplished Reliability Engineer for their Wilton, CT location. As a Reliability Engineer, you will drive reliability activities for both new product introduction (NPI) and existing products. This position is responsible for providing DFR (Design for Reliability) guidelines and reliability growth management to design team for new product development from system level down to sub-system, and component level.Job Description
This individual collaborates consistently and effectively with Product Engineering, Marketing, Field Service, and our Vendors in support of multiple and varying-complexity product lines before, during, and after production to address any product reliability concerns and make appropriate recommendations through planning, coordinating, conducting reliability test & analysis, and ultimately to meet compliance objectives. Ability to work autonomously and with a multi-disciplinary team is required. Analytical and persuasive abilities are both essential.
Other job duties include:
- Drive reliability growth activities for ASML new products as well as existing products. Development experience of optical modules and/or mechatronic assemblies is preferred.
- Orchestrate reliability tools/methods, e.g. DFR, FMEA, deployment through the whole organization during the design phase
- Responsible for the design, oversight, and execution of reliability/serviceability tests including accelerated life testing, environmental stress screening, HALT, HASS, and reliability demonstration testing
- Research new reliability processes by conducting experiments, identifying methods to demonstrate and predict product reliability
- Work with architects and project leaders to identify risks based on required system functionality, rank risks, and advocate to ensure there are risk mitigation plans.
- Manage development schedules related to new or enhanced products
- Accountable for the definition and development of the vision, strategy and roadmap for deployment of new Tools in Reliability that is applied on completed modules (Mechatronics, Software, Electrical, and Mechanical)
- Support other departments for improved process and better vendor quality control
- Remain knowledgeable and in compliance with all company Environmental, Health and Safety practices and proactively address EHS issues that exist within the employee's immediate work environment
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor Degree required: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Reliability Engineering or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Six Sigma training and certification a plus
- Understanding of Industry Technology Roadmaps
- Ability to interact easily with cross-functional peers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for bringing the reliability perspective into the design and system development process
- Ability to prioritize and plan schedules, estimate project effort, and meet deadlines with high quality work that meets business, user and design objectives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer