To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plymouth Meeting, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Producer - Property & Casualty
CBIZ • Plymouth Meeting, PA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan and suburban cities throughout the U.S., CBIZ is one of the nation’s leading providers of professional financial and employee business services. At CBIZ, our associates benefit from the opportunities, resources, training and stability of a national organization, while also enjoying the flexibility, comfortable culture and sense of community typically associated with a smaller, local company.
Job Purpose / Objective
- Responsible for identifying, soliciting and closing new business for the company; secondary responsibility includes the retention of existing clients in collaboration with client service team
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Achieve annual new revenue objectives through consultative sales to new clients and expansion of service lines to existing clients
- Develop a Personal Development Plan annually, outlining personal and professional goals for the upcoming year
- Build an active pipeline of qualified prospects, generating leads from personal contacts, external centers of influence, client referrals, CBIZ associates and CBIZ marketing sources
- Document activity, notes and prospect data in appropriate CBIZ systems
- Develop and present recommendations to clients based upon consultative selling approach
- Appropriately close new business, documenting won/lost opportunities and reasons for all clients
- Seamlessly transition sold clients to designated client service team
- Serve as client’s valued advisor, building a strategic and personal relationship with key client decision makers
- As appropriate, work with client service team to serve client and retain business
- Communicate with leadership, providing field input on market trends, competitor analysis and other business intelligence
- Identify, initiate and support cross serving leads to other CBIZ business developers
- Assist Sales Manager in the mentoring and development of other producers
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals if applicable to position
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years demonstrated industry consultative sales skills represented through proven sales results
- Must have and maintain required licenses/credentials
- Superior command of verbal, written, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- This position has indirect supervisory responsibility, however does not have the authority to hire or terminate employees. The position does have responsibility to provide performance feedback and does have a role in the development of staff
- This position supports the client service team in delivering quality work to our clients, thus impacting the success of the business unit
Discretion and Independent Judgment
- Independent discretion to make technical decisions
- Responsible for issues and problems that would be specifically related to new business development and client retention
- The role is relatively autonomous with supervision tied to achievement of revenue growth accountabilities and the highest standard of ethics
Decision-Making and Consequences of Error
- The business unit is primarily impacted by an error, however based on the magnitude of the liability of error CBIZ could also be adversely impacted
- Decisions made drive the success of the business unit as the key generator of revenue. Adverse outcomes include the loss of client/s, therefore revenue loss to the company, the loss of company reputation and exposure to litigation
External Contacts of Position
- National Relationships
Internal Contacts of Position
- Client Services Team
- Business Partners
- CBIZ Relationship Managers
- Client Accounting
- CBIZ National Contacts and Leadership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION