1st Shift, 8:00-5:00pm
Job Title: Associate Process Engineer
Exemption Status: Exempt
EEO Category: Professionals
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Design, integrate and improve manufacturing systems and processes through technical expertise and continuous improvement methods to help ensure quality, reliability and cost effectiveness.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
• Troubleshoot new or existing production problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
• Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
• Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
• Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
• Work with suppliers to help ensure successful completion of manufacturing projects.
• Attends meetings as required and/or assigned.
• Communicates and gives input regarding performance evaluations.
• Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
Special Job Dimensions
• Some Travel will be required.
All employees are expected to comply with the safety rules of their respective department and position, however there are general safety guidelines that all employees are expected to comply with:
• Slips, Trips and Falls
o When walking, be aware of unlevel or elevated surfaces
o Keep aisles clear
o Use caution when walking on wet surfaces and wipe up spills
o Use the handrail on stairs
o Use only approved step stools and ladders. Do not stand on chairs
o Walk, don’t run
o Report deficient conditions to the appropriate maintenance department
o Use caution when walking in parking lots and parking garage
• Good Housekeeping
o Always maintain a clean and uncluttered work environment
o Do not overload wastebaskets
• Safe Lifting
o Use caution and proper techniques when lifting heavy objects
o Ask for help
o Only use equipment that is in good repair
o Report any equipment hazards immediately to your manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and Technology
• Knowledge of Practical application of Engineering principles/ techniques/ procedures relative to area of support.
• Knowledge of Design techniques (GD&T), Tools, and Principles involved in developing precise technical plans, Models, Drawings and Blueprints
• Knowledge of SAP (or other ERP system) preferred
• Knowledge of Advanced Mathematics and applications
• Knowledge of CAD software including CATIA, Solid Works 2015, AutoCAD
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma training tools
• Knowledge of quality control and testing procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work well under deadlines, and ability to work well with a cross-functional team to accomplish results
• Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department.
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
• Entry level position
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Math or related field
• 2+ years related work experience (preferred)
• Associates Degree in Engineering or Technology
• 2+ years hands-on Engineering experience
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based upon job-related factors such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform the essential functions of a particular job. It is the policy and practice of this Company to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under the applicable federal, state or local law. Support of and belief in this principle is an expectation of all Company employees.
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations as necessary and where required by law so long as the accommodation does not pose and undue hardship. This policy is not intended to afford employees with any greater protections than those which exist under federal, state or local law.
The Company requires reporting of all instances of discrimination and harassment immediately to Human Resources, Legal or an officer of the company, and prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination, harassment, or participates in an investigation of such report. Appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination, will be taken against any employee who violates this policy. We believe that our continued success depends upon our ability to maintain a leadership role in the attraction, development and retention of a highly competent and diverse work force and create a productive and safe environment. Our management is guided by ethical standards that comply with legal requirements. These standards will be implemented consistently by the Company to ensure that equality is afforded to all applicants and employees.
Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application (Catia)
Solid Works (Cad)
Continuous Improvement Process
Computer Aided Design