Under the supervision of the supervisor or manager on duty, the Passenger Wheelchair Agent is responsible for assisting and transporting passengers that need special assistance to and from their assigned gate or other airport destination in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
Essential Functions :
- Assists and transports passengers requiring wheelchair assistance to/from assigned gate.
- Safely lifts special needs passengers up/down stairs of aircraft and in/out of wheelchairs.
- In a timely manner, escorts unaccompanied minors to/from flights and/or to meet a receiving adult.
- Reads appropriate paperwork to identify name, flight information, date and special service request details to ensure special needs passengers are taken to the correct destination.
- Assists special needs passengers and unaccompanied minors in transporting and claiming personal belongings and baggage.
- Reads the airport monitors to determine arrival and departure information and arranges gate for incoming passengers who need special assistance.
- Greets and escorts passengers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Uses PAXTrack system to report pick-up and drop-off of special needs passengers.
- Communicates instructions and special services to gate agent or other personnel for passengers with special needs.
- Gathers wheelchairs in the concourse and returns them to the staging area for use.
- May assist in arranging ground transportation.
- All other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
Series 6 Investment Company And Variable Contracts License (Mutual Funds/Variable Annuities)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 01EQ0
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
We are Delta Global Staffing (DGS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, delivering integrity, innovation and an elevated degree of responsiveness to customers throughout the United States. Through forward thinking, our parent company created DGS to source, screen and manage a first class contingent workforce for the airline. Our successes have taken DGS nationally with a diverse customer base, a robust menu of creative solutions and services that encompass nearly every industry and profession.
View the full profile
WHAT'S IN A NAME
In a world of staffing firms, brand recognition is everything. It's one of the most efficient forms of marketing. As a DGS client, the Delta brand delivers top talent and the ideal fit for our clients.
THE DGS RELATIONSHIP
Since 1995, DGS has grown by cultivating collaborative relationships built on dialog, targeted talent acquisition and results based on accountability. We don't just fill orders for our clients; we speak their language and solve their problems.
THE DGS DIFFERENCE
DGS has a distinct recruiting and retention advantage in every market we serve. How? Delta Global Staffing is the only firm that offers active employee Flight Benefits for the employee and family on Delta Air Lines. If you could fly practically free, would you work anywhere else?
ROCK SOLID STABILITY
Turnover is disruptive, unproductive and quite costly for any business. Our unique benefits package all but eliminates turnover by promoting loyalty in our employees. The end result is a dedicated and productive contingent workforce that delivers cost efficient solutions for our customers.
In recognition of this stability, DGS is honored to award employees with service anniversary pins for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years and 20 years of loyal service. We are immensely proud of this accomplishment.