To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cambridge, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EMCOR Group, Inc • Cambridge, MA
Posted 11 days ago
Building Technology Engineers (BTE), a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group Inc., offers a comprehensive single-source solution for facilities services, including equipment repair and replacement, preventative and predictive maintenance, and facility/equipment operations. With more than 60 years of experience and our solid financial strength, we provide a wide variety of customized solutions that meet our customers needs.
Job Title: Plumber
Job Summary: Performs support for general building operations. Performs Operations & Maintenance (O&M) plumbing and mechanical inspection and maintenance on equipment utilizing results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation. Uses experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mechanical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all water distribution system equipment including water basins, drinking fountains, lavatory equipment, drain lines (main and secondary), grease traps, oil/gas separators, kitchen appliances, public & private restroom equipment, chilled & condenser water system, heating & hot water system, pumps, clocks, potable & domestic water system, humidification, life safety systems, ice storage, supplemental heating & cooling equipment, and sanitary systems. Including but not limited to pipe repair, soldiering, designing and installing piping systems, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment or replacement of various types of mechanical
- Advises owner/representative of preventive maintenance inspections performed and corrective actions to be taken. Suggests additional service/renovation
- Performs re-lamping both indoor and
- Performs daily operation, inspects, maintains, repairs or assists in the repairs the buildings Energy Management System & Building Automated System (Auto-Matrix, Trane Tracer), and the Siemens Fire Safety System when required. Must also stay educated on the operation of these systems either through manuals and or service representative training, when
- Conducts daily/weekly tours of mechanical spaces, tenant/public areas, roofs, and building
- Respond to service calls/tenant request for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, escorts, general carpentry & painting duties, key making, picture hanging, safely move furniture and equipment as needed, and provide support or assistants when
- Communicate with the owner, owner’s representative, or supervisor on the work performed and present status of the mechanical
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.