United Healthcare Community and State’s Sales Markets are key drivers of the organization’s overall growth. As the Medicaid Sales Representative you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction, and pride - pride in your ability and your product. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens, and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Working under the direction of Medicaid Sales Manager and collectively with the Community Outreach team, the Medicaid Sales Representative will interface with New Jersey Health Plan to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth. This is a field-based leadership role that be accountable for meeting sales/enrollments targets, developing and deploying a sales plan, providing leadership presence in the community, and combating competitive pressures. The position requires someone with tenacity to perform sales activities both indoors and outdoors. This is an external and internal facing role.
If you live within commutable distance of Iselin, New Jersey, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interact and meet with eligible individuals at their homes and / or various sites throughout the community / service area to enroll them into United Healthcare Community Plan programs (NJ FamilyCare)
- Maintain high level of collaboration between New Jersey Health Plan and community-based partners and other state and government agencies in the New Jersey area
- Perform community marketing and outreach to promote United Healthcare Community Plan of New Jersey
- Present health plan information to providers, business advocacies, potential eligible and responsible for facilitating enrollment into plan
- Serve as point of contact for member to provide excellent service and enrollment experience
- Meet monthly targets for applications received
- Track and measures various sales event effectiveness and activities, events, leads & lead progress, sales, appointments, contacts, and relationship progress daily through internal systems. Maintain accurate records for reporting purposes
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Stay informed on health plan operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Ability to manage multiple priorities including visiting provider offices on a regular basis and following up on leads in a timely fashion
- Ability to track a schedule to keep appointments on time and information pertaining to those appointments in timely manner
- Input consumer demographics and interactions into company systems as appropriate
- Performs other duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience in a direct sales, social service, community or customer service position
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to travel locally up to 100% of time within assigned sales territories in this NJ market area
- Work Monday - Friday core business hours, nights & weekends and overtime, as required
- Live within commutable distance of one of the locations listed for this specific career opportunity
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to be compassionate while selling
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as it relates to meeting enrollment goals
- Ability to communicate complex healthcare information to potential clients
- Certified Application Counselor certification and/or NJ Certified Assister
- Experience with enrollment in Medicaid, CHP products
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and / or underserved communities
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources, religious / faith-based organizations in designated sales territory
- Familiar with enrollment and eligibility in New Jersey’s public health insurance programs
- Bilingual (Spanish)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.