At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Loan Pricing Senior Analyst within PNC's Retail Lending Decision Management organization, you will be based within the PNC footprint in one of the following cities: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, DC, Tysons Corner, Wilmington, Houston, Dallas, New York, Birmingham or Charlotte. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities can be performed remotely. Additional locations may be considered.
In this role at PNC, you will be involved in design and implementation of pricing strategies on PNC's Auto loans. This is a high visibility role, providing exposure to retail lending senior leaders at the bank. You will be part of the team driving the growth and profitability of PNC's consumer loan portfolios.
This role involves pulling and synthesizing data to an executive summary level and communicating your findings on current and proposed pricing to senior management for review. In keeping with PNC business goals and regulatory constraints, you will be engaged in the execution of rate changes to drive PNC's growth in the marketplace.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
* Reporting on current pricing strategy performance by reviewing data to explain changes in portfolio composition and booking rates
* Analyzing market and portfolio data and helping drafting price change proposals
* Performing market research and tracking market trends of PNC's competitors
* Assisting with design and implementation of pricing strategies
* Working closely with others on Auto pricing team to produce regular deliverables and improve ongoing pricing tools and processes used by the team
* Validating that PNC pricing results are correct at the loan level, and resolving incorrect pricing or other audit issues
* Strong critical thinking, writing and communication skills to explain findings and proposals at meetings, in PowerPoint, and via business emails to pricing business partners
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and changing pricing environment
* Experience in financial and/or data analysis
* Expected work experience: 3-5 years, or Master's degree
* Expertise in Tableau, Excel, Python and SQL
* Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
* Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
* Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
* Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
* Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
* Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
* Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Approach - Synthesizes ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.
Banking Products - Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Big Data Management and Analytics - Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
Business Analytics - Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Credit Risk - Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.
Mathematics of Financial Instruments - Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.
Operational Risk - Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Performance Measurement - Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.
Predictive Analytics - Knowledge of, experience with and ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Pricing Models and Analytics - Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Risk Management Banking - Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization's exposure to risk.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base salary: commensurate with skills and experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call
and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Portfolio Analytics and Strategy Analyst Sr
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
- Business Analysis
- Business Ethics
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Strategies