If interested, please email Julia at Email blocked - click to apply
Job Title: Video Surveillance Specialist
Location: San Antonio, TX
Duration: 8-10 month long contract with the hopes to convert the individual at the end of the year.
Summary: The IT Video Specialist will be leading two teams of 3 technicians where they will be responsible for deploying Servers to the field locations.
400 video Surveillance servers across the country in rural locations. They are migrating from a CISCO product to a Dell product. This team is looking to bring someone on to do the backend work such as programming and bringing the servers online. Once they are programmed, the technicians will then deploy them to the sites. All backend work will be done in San Antonio, TX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Onsite at the San Antonio office and if converted to Full time there might be some traveling to the other locations in San Antonio.
- Unboxing all Servers and installing, then deploying to remote locations
- Will be gathering data from the old Cisco products and migrating over to Salient
- Video surveillance, video programming, and video installation
- Troubleshoot, Repair and Reinstall Software on computers systems
- Troubleshoot, Repair and Maintain Hardware issues.
- Basic MS Office support to users.
- Will be responsible for 1-2 teams with 3 technicians on each
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in Video programming, video installation, and video surveillance experience
- Needs to have Server knowledge and have worked in a similar environment as this one.
- Installing anti-Virus
- Experience using Landmark
- Good foundation of computer skills
- Adding cameras and coding
- Active Directory (use as their authorization)
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Basic knowledge in Networking concepts cabling, routing, switching
- Ability to work with a proactive approach to projects and tasks.
- Must have a good understanding of internet connection types.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support Windows 10 and Office Suite products
- Outstanding people skills and able to communicate effectively over the phone
- Ability to present self professionally.
- Excellent communications and organization skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of associates within organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism, along with the ability to maintain courteous manner.
- Must possess a great attitude and must be a “team player”.
- Experience with Cisco and Salient products. Salient is what they are in the process of converting too.
- Certifications (CCNA) or attended any camera classes
- Any Networking knowledge with switches routers. Once converted, the resource will handle some of the troubleshooting of networks
- Education: Associates of Electronic technology
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Attention To Detail
Installations (Computer Systems)