Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Responsible for leading, planning and organizing the daily activities for the Technicians at the Thermal Protection Systems Facility (TPSF) and NASA Space Systems Depot (NSSD)
Manage the various work areas within the facilities and determine personnel requirements and assignments.
Provide employee counseling and comply with EEO/AA programs.
Manage resources effectively within budgetary and time constraints and contribute to the overall success of the company by providing a motivated and productive team
Communicate effectively with other managers and project managers to resolve issues.
Provides oversight of compliance with safety health and environmental requirements and company policy.
Assist the Senior Manager in the development of strategic planning activities to ensure customer requirements can be met
Work on other projects as assigned.
BS Degree from an accredited college. Experience and knowledge of Spacecraft Thermal Protection Manufacturing and general machining knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a supervisory role.
- Strong management, coaching and collaboration skills.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communications and customer interface skills.
- Thorough understanding and broad application of occupational safety and health regulations, standards, principles, theories, and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects without missing deadlines or sacrificing accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in performing research.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work maybe required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Aerospace Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Confined Spaces
- Hardworking And Dedicated