To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Conklin, NY 13748
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
SAP Basis Administrator- Conklin, NY
Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc • Conklin, NY
Posted 15 days ago
Other Great Industries
Entry Level, Customer Service, Warehouse
Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team!
The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the management of the SAP environment. The SAP Basis Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. The SAP Basis Administrator collaborates to resolve SAP transport and source code problems. The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems. Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP and external systems, maintenance of the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within SAP.
* 5+ years of experience working as an SAP Basis Administrator
* Able to implement and manage Solution Manager and have a strong understanding of the four key value chains
* Able to implement and manage Solution Manager functionality including Change Management, Incident Management, Knowledge Management, and Capacity Management
* Must be able to manage user profiles and authorizations (PFCG, SU01, SU10, SUIM), CUA, and IdM
* Excellent knowledge of Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Administration
* Exceptional communication skills
* Ability and willingness to provide 24x7 support when needed to maintain system uptime
* US Citizen or GreenCard holder
Essential Job Functions
* Documentation and Updating of the existing SAP environment
* Work with IT and Business Units to understand current processes and recommended changes or enhancements if identified
* Implement and maintain multiple SAP landscapes including ECC, BI, PI/PO, CRM, Portals, and Solution Manager
* Perform transport management tasks and ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly
* Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance of each SAP instance.
* Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles
* Schedule and Monitor background jobs through both SM36/SM37 and also through CPS by Redwood
* Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances
* Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
* Monitor all SAP systems work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, backups, etc.
* Administer the SAP SQL database
* Perform SAP client administration as required
* Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades
* Apply support packs and kernel updates for all systems on a quarterly scheduled or as required
* Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces
* Provide status reports for projects to management
* Other duties as assigned
Additional skill set desired, but not required:
* Experience with VMware vSphere
* Experience with Right Fax, Open Text, Vistex or Vertex applications
* Experience with UNIX, Linux, or OS400
* SAP HANA administration experience
* Be familiar with the SAP ASAP project implementation methodology
* Familiarity with Gold Client
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Referral Bonus
* Direct Deposit
* Educational Reimbursement
* Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000487675306
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.