To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineering Intern
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 1 month ago
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Leonardo DRS Land Electronics (DLE) has locations in Melbourne, FL and Huntsville, AL. DLE is a leading designer, manufacturer and integrator of highly engineered, technically advanced defense electronics and systems for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DLE specializes in the manufacture and integration of rugged communications components serving military command, control, communications, computer intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) initiatives, and we are a leading provider of ground vehicle diagnostic and test equipment. Products include cyber-hardened laptop and server computers and networking components, integrated voice/data/routing subsystems, integrated Battle Management Systems and software, vetronics, vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and combat vehicle applications, and fixed and mobile command post solutions.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest
This is an internship position in our software engineering department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support test operations by executing defined procedures on lab test harness
- Support engineering with routine engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks
- Under direction, set up and conduct tests of software and hardware components
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Enrolled in a 4 year Software or Electrical Engineering program
- At least 2 years of college completed with 3.0 GPA or better
- Must have a demonstrated interest in Software Development, and how software interacts with the Hardware.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems using your natural curiosity and debugging skills.
- Work effectively as a member of a team or on individual tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Office and Lab environment
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LEL