To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Plaines, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Planning Analyst
DSC Logistics, Inc. • Des Plaines, IL
Posted 1 month ago
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We are seeking a Planning Analyst to be responsible for overseeing the transportation planning process for various customer product from a diversified set of origin points. The Planning Analyst needs to ensure budgetary goals are met while adhering to customer requirements and mode selection. The Planning Analyst requires a strategic thinker and problem solver to support DSC’s customers on a daily basis and ensure operational excellence.
- Utilize routing information to create load plans for designated shipping locations, ensuring profitability and cost efficiency for the loads
- Communicate with the shipper for production issues
- Tender loads; check warehouse capacity before tendering
- Plan customer returns
- Conduct daily update calls with the stakeholders
- Create daily summary reports and send to DSC leadership team
- Solve problems using analytical and critical thinking skills
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal or schedule form
- Identify, measure and manage key performance indicators
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in transportation.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and best practices
- Demonstrated competency in MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management
- Experience working in a transportation management system (TMS)
- Experience in a transportation planning role
- Experience working with Google applications
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is DSC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.CB12