Western Funding is a fast growing, specialized consumer finance company and subsidiary of Westlake Financial Services, providing automobile financing to borrowers with limited access to traditional credit. Western Funding enables the origination, accepts assignment of and services installment loan contracts originated by its national network of automobile dealers. Dealers own their portfolios and share in the collections on the associated installment loan contracts.
As an Area Sales Manager, you are the face of the Company with our number one customer – our dealers. Your focus is to grow the number of funded deals by partnering with dealers who will be a good fit. Your knowledge of your market area and ability to leverage the dealer relationships you have will be essential to enabling growth. Western Funding’s program requires a consultative sales and management approach. Identifying, onboarding, and managing select dealers who understand how the program can help their business grow is the key to your success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute Western Funding’s Six Step Sales Process
- Planning & Preparation – who are you talking to and why?
- Prospecting – identifying your targets
- Discovery & Qualification – understanding why our program could be a good fit
- Dealer Application – getting your prospective dealer approved
- Enrollment & Onboarding – getting dealer launched and setting expectations
- Partner Relationship Building – helping dealer maximize the program
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Strong knowledge of cold calling, appointment setting, and sales techniques
- Clear and effective presentation skills (from initial creation to delivery)
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Strong computer skills and adaptability to new technology
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in Automotive, Finance and Sales
- Previous experience interacting with retail car/truck dealerships
- 2-3 year’s previous experience in a sales role with a proven track record of success
- Dealer Participation/Reserve experience PREFERRED
- College Degree PREFERRED
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Web navigation and/or applications.
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.