Job ID: []
American Rock Products., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation. Position Description
Concrete Batch Plant Operator
Richland & Prosser
Coordinate all concrete batching. Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of all batch plant operations.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain batch plant operations to ensure timely delivery of concrete
- Verify specific concrete on incoming tickets and enter correct mix design into computer.
- Monitor gauges, dials and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Coordinate batching and loading of all concrete leaving plant. Check concretes slump to ensure proper specifications.
- Communicate and receive directions from dispatch, drivers, operators and customers by radio/phone.
- Receive and schedule concrete orders for timely and efficient delivery. Assist customers in determining proper product require; quote prices as needed.
- Dispatch trucks based on load size, truck and driver capabilities and jobsite conditions.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers regarding scheduling and job status.
- Diagnose and repair batch plant equipment. Coordinate equipment and personnel for larger repairs.
- Service and grease batch plant parts, i.e. change belts, chip mixer, and maintain cleanliness of plant.
- Carry and stock admixtures for batch plant
- During cold weather, may poke material and stomp lumps
- Direct general operations of loader operator and loader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years’ experience operating fixed or portable Red-Mix Batch Plant highly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Proficient with PC skills such as key boarding and familiarity with Microsoft Windows Office Software.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
URL blocked - click to apply
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Concrete Mixing And Batching