To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Shipper - 1st Shift (Starting $16.19)
Valmont Industries, Inc. • Elkhart, IN
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Shipper position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will prepare company products for shipment. Additionally, you will…
- Inspect to ensure that products meet established quality standards and quantities are correct for each order
- Unload and Load incoming/outgoing trucks with product
- Perform drilling, painting and component installation on poles
- Bundle, crate, box and wrap products to be shipped to protect the finished product from freight damage Load truck with finished product
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Forklift Experience
- One year experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to accurately perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Ability to read and work with prints, drawings and work documents
- Ability to accurately take measurements using close tolerance measuring instruments
- Acceptable attendance and prior employment record
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Familiarity with radial saws, hand tools, overhead cranes and general shop safety
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.