Our Financial Services client in New York is looking for a Regulatory Reporting Analyst who specializes in Derivatives to join their Regulatory Reporting Automation team. This team consists of approximately 200 individuals with responsibility to ensure overall accuracy in report production across regulatory (FED and SEC reporting) for all segments of the company. This group is dedicated to the development of a fully automated regulatory report production system. This person could sit in a number of locations, preferably Charlotte, New York, or San Francisco.
The Enterprise Financial Reporting team is in a state of rapid and dynamic change with the intent of excelling amongst the competition. This team is responsible for providing the strategic oversight throughout regulatory report production and throughout data provider, operational, and technology functions to develop and ensure accurate regulatory reporting. The goal is to develop an instrument level regulatory reporting system capable of generating regulatory reports on an automated basis. This team will be responsible for the detailed control and review to ensure the system is designed and implemented to produce instrument level accuracy in regulatory report line-items across relevant reports.
The ideal candidate a strong understanding of technical accounting, regulatory reporting, and financial products. The ideal candidate must also have a deep understanding of regulatory reports and underlying instructions at the line-item level across various regulatory reports. Additional a successful candidate with need to partner with operations, technology, controllers, etc., to accomplish these strategic initiatives. The individuals joining this team will be responsible for accurate assessment and mapping of data elements to regulatory reports along with documentation and policy decisions and coordinating with support partners within the business and other corporate functions.
Components of the Role:
Data Element Mapping: Identification of relevant data elements and determining alignment to specific regulatory report line items to generate accurate and consistent regulatory reports
Interpretations/Judgements: Formal interpretations of line-item interpretation, documentation, and consistent application of such interpretations within current reporting and integration within automated report production
Review and Data Approval: Review data mapping to understand if such data in appropriate for production of automated regulatory reports
Support: Includes but not limited to
- maintaining line of sigh into end to end processes
- understanding and challenging all reported numbers
- understanding and coordinating implementation of report instruction changes
- partnering with support groups (Governance & Oversight, Data Management, Analytics, Change Management, and Technical Interpretations) to improve the control environment
- 6+ years of experience in finance, accounting, analytics, reporting
- BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business
- Regulatory Reporting - deep understanding of regulatory reports and underlying instructions at the line-item level across various regulatory reports with a specific expertise in Derivatives
- Came from Public Accounting Firm (PWC preferred)
- Lombard Experience
- Oracle Experience (FSDF & OFFSA)
- RC-C, RC-E, FRY9C, RCB, RCD
- Experience with Commodities, Futures, Swamps
- Experience generating securities and derivatives reports such as: HCL, RCL, RCR, or FR 2436
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OOC, SEC
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets, corporate governance, financial reporting, and role of regulatory authorities