To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Teaching Assistant (Math or ELA), Promise Academy
Harlem Children's Zone • New York, NY
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
When students enter HCZ Promise Academy Charter Schools, we make a promise to help each and every one get to and through college. Everything we give our students—from world-class instruction and exceptional extracurricular activities to social emotional support and healthy meals—is aimed at fulfilling that promise.
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant for Math or ELA. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission and core values of HCZ Promise Academy, an understanding and respect for the culture of all residents of Harlem, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
Teaching Assistant Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Teacher in delivery of lesson
- Help ensure that students master grade-level standards
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Conduct classroom activities when the Teacher is absent and substitutes in other classrooms
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline, and refuse to tolerate classroom disruptions
- Coordinate the arrival and dismissal of students
- Participate in activities outside of the classroom
- Participate in program planning and communicates observations to others
- Handle behavioral and other emergencies as per policy and procedures and/or behavioral performance
- Communicate observations and/or concerns regarding students’ physical and psychological status
- Complete data collection in an appropriate and timely manner
- Participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences as scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Opportunity to work Saturdays during test prep season – additional compensation provided
Teaching Assistant Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Early childhood education and/or educational background
- Valid New York State certification as a teaching assistant or in the process of obtaining certification
- Ability to have good working relationship with supervisors, staff, parents, and outside personnel
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, and a low student-teacher ratio. To be considered, interested applicants must apply online or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.