8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Sr Manager, Business Incubation & Innovation
About this job
In this position, you will be tasked with incubating new ideas and developing new plays to help propel CarMax growth. As opportunities emerge, you will be in the driver’s seat for sensing and sourcing, steering and influencing, and delivering on test-and-learn initiatives. We act like a startup – but with the funding and the size to scale our best ideas rapidly. If you want to innovate and build new things for an industry leader, this is the perfect role for you. Ideal candidates will have top-tier strategy consulting and/or a successful track record with early-stage companies.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
Create new ideas that can drive growth:
- Work cross-functionally to create, size and prioritize new ideas
- Determine ways to ‘test’ these new experiences
Support these projects with both Home Office & Field Leadership
- Coordinate multiple projects with high-complexity and interdependency
- Present to various leadership groups about project progress
Build a culture of innovation – and excitement for these new experiences:
- Champion CarMax investment in these new concepts
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to propel growth concepts
Once successful, work to scale these new experiences:
- Develop and implement repeatable processes and training
- Work with field teams to build implementation and communications plans
- Ensure field effectively executes training and sustainment
Purpose of the role
Our team wakes up every morning thinking about “what is possible” with a belief that there is near limitless potential to grow our business. Ideas drive innovation. Innovation drives growth. Growth drives value. To that end, we’re looking for innovators to fuel our next wave. The ideal candidate craves learning, creates ideas, and thrives in turning insights into action. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Think creatively to develop new ideas
- Pressure test those ideas with strong strategic, analytical skills
- Independently drive major innovation programs
- Be courageous to organizationally influence toward change
- Build and maintain positive working relationships at varying levels
- Demonstrate ability to hit targets, meet deadlines and drive results
- Work productively with little supervision
- Show exceptional writing and communication skills
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBA, Masters Degree or other demonstrable equivalent experience
- 2-3 years post-MBA with consulting or equivalent experience with early-stage growth companies
- Proven success of ideation and innovation
- Experience influencing at all levels – most notably working with senior management and/or founders to sell new ideas
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, consider and provide guidance on business-related situations that affect company culture, mission, and values.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone Phone number blocked - click to apply ext. 3888 or email Email blocked - click to apply.