A manufacturing company is seeking an Industrial Coat Technician to prepare steel surfaces and parts for plastisol coating, coat surfaces, and prepare steel surfaces for painting and supply paint. This is a first shift opportunity.
- Review and analyze orders, inspect sandblasted steel structures for dents or areas that need additional prep, and repair or prep accordingly
- Apply primer to prepared parts and structure
- Operate a forklift to hold steel structure, apply plastisol, and adhere to structure using an industrial oven to bake coating
- Ensure complete, seamless, and even plastisol coating of all steel structures and parts
- Grind steel surfaces to prepare surfaces for paint
- Mix paint and hardeners and apply paint utilizing a paint spray gun
- Observe health safety by wearing protective mask and breathing apparatus
- Maintain Inventory levels and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Perform routine machine, equipment, and facility maintenance
- Document time and material for parts and equipment
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Additional technical training would be a plus
- 1 to 3 years’ manufacturing experience is also a plus
- Strong mechanical background in machine building
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills are required
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift and use basic hand and power tools
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and prioritize multiple projects
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 to 75 pounds
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
For an immediate interview, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or submit your resume to Email blocked - click to apply. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)