Transit Mechanics needed at Division 98
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for their bus transit service, serving the Los Angeles area. We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev at LACMTA Division 98 and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America – one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Starting rates: " A" Mechanic $29.00 per hour; "B" Mechanic $26.00 per hour; "C" Mechanic $21.50 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdev’s presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Bonus paid yearly for all certifications
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with Transdev standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake endorsements
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical diagrams
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a background and drug test
- Mechanic C: 1-2 years experience. Must be able to diagnose and repair some of the vehicles and equipment in service with supervision. The Mechanic C must be capable and willing to learn more difficult tasks from Mechanics A and B. Requirements one ASE certification. Will work under direct supervision.
- Mechanic B: 3-4 years experience. Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair all vehicles and equipment in service with minimal supervision. Mechanic B must be able to teach C Mechanics as time permits some repair techniques that are not routine in nature. Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency and mentoring capabilities. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Additionally, must possess 608 and 609 air conditioning certifications and at least three H or T series ASE certifications of which two must include H2, T2, T4 or H4.
- Mechanic A: 5+ years experience. Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair the most difficult of all vehicle and equipment service. Must be able to teach Mechanics B and C as time permits, more complex repair techniques. Must demonstrate superior mechanical skills and mentoring capabilities. Additionally, must possess 609 and 608 air conditioning certificates and at least five H or T series ASE certifications of which two must consist of T6, T7, H6 or H7.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10449
Position Category Maintenance/Mechanics/Parts/Utility/Materials
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 747
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services