Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Counterintelligence (CI) Analyst / Technical Writer is responsible for providing technical research/analysis, writing, and editing technical counterintelligence reports, briefings, and other CI / Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) related deliverables. This position assists the Senior TSCM specialists with technical writing pertaining to CI, technical CI, and TEMPEST information and producing products for the intelligence community that conveys results of TSCM investigations and surveys.
- Develops CI, technical CI and TEMPEST threat briefings and read-ahead products for personnel traveling worldwide in support of the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Briefs senior leadership, in both group and individual settings, on technical and CI threats to Joint Staff personnel from foreign intelligence services.
- Responsible for providing written TSCM reports based off of TSCM investigations findings, vulnerabilities, and assessments.
- Reviews reports from Intelligence Community (IC) and from DoD TSCM member agencies depicting the use of technical collection techniques that impact the Joint Staff; provides comments and recommendations.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or three years of recent comparative work experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of three years of experience in technical writing.
- Experience in counterintelligence or writing and producing products for the intelligence community are highly desirable.
- Also desirable is experience with the Joint Staff Action Processing system, Joint Technical Intelligence Portal, PORTICO, NSA Technical Security Analysis Center, experience working with the TSCM community and the intelligence community as a whole, and working knowledge of TSCM equipment and methodology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Shall be fluent in the English language and have the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Photo Editing software.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of Executive Order 12333, and DoD Instructions 5240.2 and 5240.05.
- Must have an understanding and hands-on skill and experience with, information security practices required to establish and maintain system integrity for safeguarding classified information in a secure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Intelligence Community (IC) individuals and management.
- CI/HUMINT analytical experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Preference may be given to applicants with higher DoD Certifications as Cyber Analyst or Cyber Insider Threat Analysis.
TOP SECRET Clearance with SCI Access Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance and be able to qualify for SCI access
- Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old) or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Single Scope Background Investigation.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision.
Travel locations within the Continental United States (CONUS) will be required based on mission and business demands.
General office environment. The primary place of performance is within the Pentagon and facilities within the National Capital Region (NCR).
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)