Adv Sr. SCADA Developer
Our client is seeking an Adv. Sr. SCADA Developer to support the Wonderware SCADA systems within the onshore unconventional Oil & Gas assets. This role is responsible for performing SCADA system administration and providing technical support to the business units' SCADA Administrators. In addition, this role will work with the SCADA Technical Team Lead and Solutions Architect to provide thought leadership and shape Marathon's direction and policies around its SCADA environment.
This position is part of the SCADA Systems Team and will require coordination with our in-house IT Infrastructure group, internal support groups, business users, and relevant software vendors for technical changes, upgrades, patch management and other support. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial for success. This job requires participation in an on-call rotation providing 24x7 break-fix support for critical applications in the production operations space.
- Design, develop and deploy Wonderware SCADA system based solutions for new and existing Oil & Gas well sites and production facilities including SCADA system databases, alarming and control strategies (ArchestrA System Platform).
- Develop reusable templates, well-behaved object scripting, components that enhance monitoring and controls, and custom toolkits
- Develop multi-level graphics (overview, process, graphics, trending, alarming, user management, etc.⦰ound;¦) with proven OMI apps and HMI integration.
- Perform system management utilities for backups, data loading, and archiving.
- Deliver on reporting requirements (production, exceptions, communications).
- Provide integration support with key systems such as OSISoft PI, Cygnet, ForeSite, and FlowCal.
- Perform MQTT development and support (Sparkplug B, Mosquito Brokers).
- Provide training to SCADA Admins and operators as needed for new / modified SCADA functionality.
- Field Support
- Assist field personnel with the installation and testing of hardware interfaces to the HMI system (HP Servers and workstations, Field Controllers, Specialized Graphic Cards, Network Devices)
- Provides first level support with installation and testing of Local Networks and Protocols to ensure communications is successful from the wellsite to the Historian
- Provides guidance to field personnel with the SCADA equipment field checkout (HMI integration)
- Operational Support
- Be a part of the 24x7 on-call rotation
- Must be able to travel for 1-2 week durations several times per year
- Work with SCADA vendors for resolution of issues
- 5-10 years' experience performing operational administration and support duties in a SCADA environment primarily using Wonderware 2014/2017, with Wonderware 2020 preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 5-10 years of relevant experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certifications with Wonderware, MQTT preferred
- Proficient with MQTT development and support (Sparkplug B, Mosquito Brokers), preferred
- Oil & Gas Industry Experience preferred
- Proficient working in a Windows PC and Windows Server environment (15 years)
- Strong Database and SQL reporting experience
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Computing Platforms
- Graphic Design
- Human Computer Interaction