The IT Service Delivery Manager within the IT department enables the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and ensures Service and Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs and objectives. This position is both a stakeholder facing role and an internal IT facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
- Drive IT initiatives and priorities in support of business objectives
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive / participate in internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Provide site level IT leadership to business and IT team members within and outside direct reporting lines
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- The Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
Qualities and Skills Requirements:
- Effective at working within a matrix organization
- Previous direct IT leadership experience or demonstrable IT experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Knowledge of ITIL disciplines preferred
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritize and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
Work Experience Requirements/Preferences:
5 years IT leadership experience required. ED security clearance required. Familiarity with Department of Education security and business requirements preferred. Familiarity with CRS preferred.
Minimum education and training required/preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS or MBA preferred.
Education and Training Requirements/Preferences:
Bachelor's degree. MS or MBA preferred.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential to the job.
Alltran provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Alltran does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation
Coaching And Mentoring