To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northville, MI 48167
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Global IT Administrator
Gentherm • Northville, MI
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Responsible for overall management, configuration, maintenance and ongoing improvement of Gentherm’s global IT server infrastructure. Provides effective IT support across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to other global and local IT administrators. Responsible for the appropriate monitoring of traffic and performance of core infrastructure systems and services to ensure all aspects meet SLAs and business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Design, implement and manage enterprise scale Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server, Windows 10, Active Directory, GPO, DNS, and Exchange.
- Act as subject matter expert regarding storage, virtualization, and Windows Server design/administration.
- Create and update necessary documentation as it relates to designs, process diagrams, inventories, etc.
- Collaborate with global & local system administrators to support new and existing Data Centers.
- Provide local and global leadership and ownership for server infrastructure designs, standards\policy definition and operations.
- Provide governance, support, and operational escalation for the production server environment.
- Proactively monitor server infrastructure to identify areas of concern and develop action plans to address them.
- Work closely with management to establish and deliver consistent technical direction and report on server infrastructure performance metrics.
- Develop/Modify standards and policies around acceptable usage for server technologies.
- Identify opportunities to improve and use new ideas and technologies to meet business objectives.
- Create/Maintain operational documentation and manuals; ensure compliance with electronic and physical security procedures and standards (ISO and SOX).
- Provide a high level of customer service, assistance, and support to customers with IT related matters.
- On-call, after-hours support will be required as needed.
- Domestic and International Travel.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Strong Proficiency or Advanced Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016 & Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Domain Controllers
- Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365
- Backup concepts
- Network concepts
- Storage system concepts
- Advanced Troubleshooting\Triage
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Customer first mentality
- Strong communication skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses a very strong hardware/infrastructure skill set and proficiency with MS Server operating systems and Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Technical Certifications are a plus MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, VCP6, etc
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.