Nursing Staff Scheduler - QMA or CNA
Greenfield Healthcare Center is currently seeking an experienced Staff Scheduler for the full time position of Nursing Staff Scheduler!
The ideal candidate for the Scheduler position must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent, be a Qualified Medication Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant or and have at least 1 year experience as a staff scheduler in a long term care environment. The position exists to provide staffing coordination to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Candidates must be willing to be on call 24 hours a day. Hours will vary.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy a supportive work environment, competitive wages, and PTO plans. We offer you a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Scheduler responsibilities include:
- Follows the master staffing schedule
- Communicates continuously with DON/ADON to ensure coordination of information and maintain accuracy of nursing schedule
- Prepares daily staffing sheets with continual revisions as necessary
- Follows center policy and DON guidelines for numbers and assignment of staff
- Completes a listing of vacant nursing positions for DON weekly
- Schedules staff vacations according to guidelines in the personnel policies and the DON/ADON's direction
- Ensures at least one other staff member is oriented to the schedulers position in the event of vacation, sick leave, etc...
- Forwards overtime request, paid time off requests and trade requests to Payroll
- Creates and maintains forms necessary for completion of scheduler's task
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of staff and residents
- Copies staffing sheets from day (days prior). Forward one to Payroll
- Reviews daily exemption sheets for payroll
- Ensure all new employee orientation schedules are on staffing sheet
If you are organized, energetic, and have experience in this field, come join a dynamic team of health care professionals in caring for the elderly with dignity! Respond to this ad for confidential consideration.
- At least 1 year experience in health care staffing
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be a licensed QMA or CNA in good standing in the State of Indiana
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Great problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Electronic Medical Record
Provide Logistical Support