Do you have a strong desire to help others? We do too! Here at American House Senior Living Communities, we would welcome the opportunity to offer you work in a safe environment during a time when many people may be displaced.
Under the general direction of the Regional Director, the primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Director include the overall maintenance/upkeep of the American House Senior Living Community (facility and grounds) including preventative maintenance, repairs and inspections.
- Ensure all aspects of the facility are in a good state of repair.
- Respond to work order requests on a daily basis.
- Partner with the Executive Director when contracting with any outside vendors.
- Maintain Unit Maintenance Log for each apartment.
- Monitors and maintains Building Inspection Schedule that includes preventative maintenance program and all required system inspections.
- On call 24 hours a day for emergency maintenance needs as authorized by Executive Director. If not available must arrange for back up coverage.
- Supervision of part-time, temporary, or contract personnel.
- Performs routine janitorial duties in order to keep building and grounds clean and neat.
- Snow removal and landscaping not performed by outside contractors.
- Performs routine inspections of interior and exterior of building.
- Perform mandatory annual unit inspections completing required documentation.
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for the residents.
- Orders maintenance supplies and monitor inventory.
- Responsible for timely turnover of vacant apartments.
- Maintains dumpster area and monitor trash pickup.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, and general repair skills.
Essential Physical Abilities: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Maintenance Director.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, bend, stretch, pull or push and lift items.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Continuum Services is a single-source provider with proven expertise, dependability, and scalability in four key areas: facility operations, exterior services, technical services, and environment services. Headquartered in a newly renovated office in Farmington Hills, Continuum is the go-to full-service solution for interior and exterior facility operations, maintenance, and repair. Facilities serviced by CONTINUUM have earned such prestigious accolades as the ENERGY STAR® for superior energy performance, BOMA’s Office Building of the Year® (TOBY) Award and CEL’s National Real Estate “A” List Award for Service Excellence. Helping employees develop and become highly skilled professionals who deliver best in class solutions to our clients is what we're all about - join us today!
Continuum Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing
Founded in 1979, American House Senior Living Communities’ vision is to provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable for retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has endured for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a number of senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve, providing an environment that fosters meaningful relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior housing company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder value, with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided by compassionate people.