To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
70 Colby Street
Medford, MA 02155
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
Resources for Human Development • Medford, MA
Posted 1 month ago
RHD Boston provides residential, day, and individual supports to men and women with developmental disabilities in the Greater Boston area. Programs are located in West Roxbury, Roslindale, Hyde Park, Walpole, Waltham, Somerville and Arlington. Our programs focus on a person-centered planning approach, and much care is given to working with individuals to create homes adapted to meet individual needs. We provide intensive support in the area of life skills, social skills, and community integration with an emphasis on having fun while pursing personal goals.
We are looking for individuals interested in working relief (on call), part-time, and full-time at our residential programs as Direct Support Professionals.
- Insures health and safety of all individuals served
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with individuals
- Participates in the design, implementation and monitoring of ISP's
- Follows clinical programs as outlined in individual's service plan, takes data as required
- Provides guidance, support and direction as needed
- Models and advocates for individuals' rights and choices
- Communicates with supervisors and management team regarding and individual program issues
- Assists individuals with :
- Food preparation
- Household cleaning and maintenance
- Personal health and hygiene needs
- Personal or house shopping
- Home and community-based outings and trainings
- Personal fund accounts
If at any time an individual is unable to assist in the above, staff are responsible for completing the activities:
- Administers medication as per Medication Administration Policy (MAP)
- Understands and follows emergency procedures
- Encourages individuals to choose and participate in meaningful activities
- Follows all procedures outlined for handling individual and/or petty cash funds
Job Requirements/Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have current First Aid Certification
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Required to complete CPR certification within one month of hire
- Required to complete Medication Administration (MAP license) Certification within three months of hire
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, or disability status.