To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Tim Curtin
- Phone: 949-429-3330
- Phone:: 949-682-2246
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PrideStaff • San Juan Capistrano, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A great opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
A consulting firm based in Orange County is looking for a sharp, reliable, and pro-active recent or experienced college grad to join our team as a Project Accountant. The organization’s growth has created an immediate need for an intelligent and practical Project Accountant who can support the accounting function of our firm. They’re a friendly, team-oriented work environment that thrives on teamwork and collaboration.
This is a full-time exempt position, Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM, reporting to their corporate office in San Juan Capistrano. The company offers a highly competitive salary along with a full benefits package (Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/PTO) all wrapped up within a great work/life balance.
The qualified candidate would be expected to support the accounting function of the organization, including:
- Act as an active team member supporting the accounting department in the various project accounting functions listed below utilizing QuickBooks;
- Monthly invoicing processing based on PM and CSS markups and changes;
- New customer setup in accounting system;
- Accounts payable;
- Accounts receivables;
- Journal entries;
- Bank reconciliation;
- Reporting time;
- Project budgeting reporting;
- Reimbursements and Month end close;
- Provide accounting/finance metrics to executive management on a weekly basis;
- Interpret and review client contract agreements for execution, special invoicing requirements, and ensuring all preferences are met for the invoicing period;
- Requesting, reviewing, and attaching “Activity Reports” & “Work Descriptions” to invoices monthly by working with technical staff;
- Tracking project budgets continually, reporting to CSSs and PMs on budget issues;
- Project setup, coordination, and close out by working with engineers;
- Engineering Staff Support for invoicing and billing issues;
- Overall accounting support as needed to Executive Management;
- General day to day front office support duties (i.e. answer phones, process mail, FedEx/UPS, assist with planning company events etc.);
Assist other departments as needed;
- Office Admin;
- Human Resources.
Minimum of 3-7 years of work experience in an accounting/bookkeeping function in a professional office environment;
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or relevant major from an Accredited University with a minimum GPA of 3.3, GPA will be verified;
Strong QuickBooks skills (required);
General knowledge of contracting practices;
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently;
Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills;
Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills (required);
Microsoft 365 Office and SharePoint including Outlook (will train);
Microsoft Project Web Application – PWA (will train);
Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.