To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fayetteville, NC 28314
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Instructor
Kforce Technology • Fayetteville, NC
Posted 8 days ago
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Fayetteville, North Carolina (NC) seeking an Information Technology (IT) Instructor.
The position requires an experienced Systems/Network Administrator who will deliver formal classroom instruction on implementation, design, and administration of Systems, Servers, and Local / Wide Area Networks.
The instructor will perform the normal instructor duties associated with formal instruction including, but not limited to, preparing, maintaining and securing the training environment.
The IT Instructor serves as an instructor for the customer's IT Academy and provides support as required conducting student evaluations and assessments. This includes written examinations, quizzes, practical evaluations, and other training as required.
- Provide input and develop customized official curriculum as directed to accurately train the customer's network and systems administrators on proper configuration, operation, and maintenance of network and systems operations and procedures
Duties may include routine system maintenance and analysis functions including:
- Hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; and cable infrastructure installation and maintenance
- Supervise and perform maintenance of networks and systems, troubleshoot LAN/WAN related problems, and evaluate communications hardware and software
- Comply with DoD 8570.01M IAT Level I and Level II
- Experienced in Cisco communications software, hardware, networks, or integrated systems
- Experience with MS Server 2008, and virtualized Data Center environments
- Experience with the design requirements of military secure and non-secure voice, video and data networks
- Experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components or cable infrastructure
- Possess experience in communications software, hardware and networks
- Experience in protocol analysis and knowledge of OSI model
- Must have knowledge of security infrastructure, threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and threat mitigation
- Must have a working knowledge with the Department of Defense's implementation of commercial internetwork technologies to support converged, multi-security enclave networks
Must be able to teach, troubleshoot, and support soldiers IAW unit SOPs with limited exposure to networking and systems on the following technologies:
- Routing and Switching (EIGRP, RIPv2, OSPF, Layer 3 Switching, VLANs, GRE tunneling)
- VoIP Technologies (Call Manager, H323, MGCP, MLPP, Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers)
- Encryption technologies (KG-175, KG-250's)
- Multicast implementation (PIM-Sparse, Dense)
- Radio over IP (WAVE, TRICS)
- Network Management (SolarWinds, Cisco Works, NAC, Meeting Place)
- Packet Filtering (Access Control Lists)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Active Directory, Exchange, PowerShell, WDS)
- Storage (NetApp)
- VMware (vSphere, ESXi)
- Skills must include installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: ITNRC1679811
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.