The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company's products, processes, procedures, problems, resources, staff areas and people so that they become aware of the career opportunities at Nexteer Automotive. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Overall supervision and coordination of all activities in his/her assigned department(s)
* Direct supervision of hourly employees on his/her assigned shift
* Scheduling of department activities in order to meet production requirements
* Ensure adequate staffing of the department for production
* Handling discipline and commendation on his/her assigned shift
* Responsible for employee and department performance, safety performance, thorough accident/near miss investigations, quality of parts produced, tooling usage, scrap control, housekeeping, performing required layered process audits, updating run plans and other daily issues
* Must work within the guidelines of the union contract and plant policies
* Must be able to work alternate shifts/schedules
* Must be attending a 4-year university
* Must be pursuing Bachelors in ME, MET, Operations Management, or other related degree
* Must have a cumulative 2.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale
* Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week
* Candidate must be able to work in the US without current or future sponsorship
* High level of oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
* Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
* High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
* Knowledge of quality control procedures preferred
* Ability to work alternate shifts/schedules
Jobs may vary dependent upon Supervisor and company needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call
. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Interpersonal Skills