Golden 1 Credit Union is a great place to grow your career in the mortgage industry! You will work directly with consumers and our more than 1 million members to purchase their dream home.
JOB TITLE: Home Loan Advisor - In Market (Fairfield/Vacaville)
DEPARTMENT: Home Loans Production
JOB CODE: 3106
The In-Market Home Loan Advisor is responsible for home loan production from assigned branches and the local mortgage market. They will work closely with the Branch Managers, local realtors and other market sources to generate home loan referrals. The advisors will be responsible for creating production strategies that will enhance the credit union’s market share in their assigned market(s). The advisor is responsible for generating and responding to inquiries and referrals from their assigned branches. Interviews applicants to analyze financial and credit information, assist with financing objectives, advises on products, pricing, and gathers any other information required. The advisor will also be responsible for self-sourcing home loans from the local mortgage market by representing the credit union accordingly. The Advisor ensures exceptional service by maintaining a thorough understanding of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Originate home loans by maintaining exceptional service levels and product knowledge. Discuss our home loan products and programs via phone, email or in person.
- Work with branch management and staff to educate and strategize to increase home loan production from our members.
- Work with branch management to develop market strategies to drive new membership and home loans to the credit union.
- Work with realtors and other business partners in the market their assigned branches are located.
- Maintain membership in realtor groups and attend business development events such as mixers, local fairs and any other event that can build the home loans brand and production.
- Obtain and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data. Provide initial assessment of the loan and product qualifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including, RESPA, HPML, HOEPA, HCML, HMDA, Fair Lending and bank secrecy and anti- money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Monitor home loan pipeline to ensure loans are attended to promptly, efficiently and accurately to the established home loan pipeline standards.
- Negotiate with members on counter offers or communicate declinations when their initial request cannot be met due to program limitations such as maximum loan-to-value, debt-to-income, valuation, reserves, etc. Demonstrate the ability to delicately handle difficult situations while maintaining complete professionalism.
- Interact with other advisors and fulfillment staff to ensure proper procedural compliance, team collaboration and atmosphere.
- Consistently notate conversations with member in LOS to ensure proper communication.
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members, branches, contact center staff and other outside contacts on the telephone, e-mail or in-person.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
- Effective technology and reporting skills are required to direct and mange origination activities.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
INTERNAL: All levels of Staff/Management/Members/Third Parties.
EXTERNAL: Realtors/Vendors/Organizations/Select Employer Groups/Other Business Partners.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum , or equivalent work experience is required.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years or more of mortgage loan origination experience.
- Exceptional member service and member relation skills.
- Strong credit analysis and general financial analysis.
- Current working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Full knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC-Secondary Market and FHA
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advisory and consultative home loans skills.
- Working knowledge of financial calculators, personal computer, copier, facsimile, etc.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Occasional bending and stooping, as may be required to accomplish work
- MLO Registration required: An individual in this position has been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E Act and whose responsibilities include taking applications and discusses terms or negotiates rates on loans secured by real property.
- A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record are required
Thank you for your interest in joining the Golden 1 Home Loans team! If you are selected to participate in the interview process, we will contact you.
- Bank Secrecy
- Business Development
- Computer Terminals
- Credit Analysis