Dewberry is currently seeking a Water/Wastewater Staff Engineer to join our Lakeland, FL office. The candidate will perform a variety of civil engineering functions in support of a growing office. This Staff Engineer must be flexible, able to work independently, technologically savvy, and remain client focused.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
* Assist with developing and managing water/wastewater programs with a focus on treatment, management, and reuse. Work includes treatment plant process evaluations and troubleshooting, feasibility studies, bench scale and pilot scale studies, design, plant operation, and regulatory negotiation/permitting.
* Work with design team across multiple offices and multiple disciplines to generate detailed design documents for construction plans.
* Meet client deadlines and project budgets.
Required Skills & Required Experience
* B.S. Degree in Environmental, Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering.
* M.S. degree in Environmental Engineering (preferred).
* 2-5?years experience with progressive responsibilities for?public sector water and wastewater projects.
* FL FE required.
* Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft office is required.
* Familiar with Modeling and GIS software.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff.
* Water/Wastewater infrastructure experience is a plus.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
* At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
* Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
* Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
- Auto Cad
- Chemical Engineering
- Feasibility Studies