Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Technology Business Systems Consultant i n technology as part of Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology
Wells Fargo Technology
As a registered investment advisory firm, we focus on managing equity, fixed income, and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients and proprietary mutual funds. We believe professionals with the highest integrity, focused on adding positive relative returns with disciplined teamwork, will exceed our client's expectations.
The Investment Analytics/Risk/Compliance Technology team is responsible for Tier 2+ daily production support and project implementation for all critical Investment Analytics, Risk, and Compliance systems for Allspring Global Investments (formerly Wells Fargo Asset Management). This position will serve as a business systems consultant role within the team. The position will involve project work, including analysis, requirements gathering, and testing; serving as the Delivery Team Member in an Agile environment; help with the daily support on a rotational basis. The successful candidate will have in-depth and proven experience supporting and working with investment and analytics systems with a track record of excellent customer service and deep system knowledge. To be successful, the candidate will have to have strong analytical skills and have strong technical knowledge of databases and querying tools.
This role will provide a ground-floor opportunity to build out and support the new platform required once Wells Fargo Technology is fully divested from Wells Fargo to Allspring Global Investments. Over time, this position may present an opportunity to evolve into direct project work within the portfolio management space.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the Agile Delivery Team Member for investment analytics, risk, and compliance functions. Under the guidance from the Product Owner on the team, partner with business and technology teams to analyze, interpret, and document requirements for simple to moderately complex business problems and recommend comprehensive technology solutions. Use domain specific and technology application(s) knowledge to define detailed analysis in response to business & technology requests to develop efficient and accurate functional requirements.
- Contribute to the development of systems and procedures that are both cost effective and meet the relevant business requirements
- Evaluate moderately complex business, operational, or technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of planning and direction conducted to resolve complex business problems
- Act as an internal consultant within technology and business groups by using quality tools and process definition or improvement to re-engineer technical processes
- Collaborate and consult with business and technology teams to evaluate and resolve issues in order to provide technological solutions and manage both project schedules and deliverables
- Coordinate communication and information flow between business and technology teams
- Work on all aspects of a project from requirements to testing. Compile project / systems documentation and manage project schedules and deliverables.
- Evaluate investments analytics/risk/compliance technology environment and provide streamlining suggestions, requirements for automation, and in certain cases, directly implement suggestions for improvement
- Drive compliance through expertise of data accuracy, corporate policies and data security as related to the project.
- Work with systems vendors, support staff, and key personnel to ensure issues are addressed and timely responses and attention is given to critical issues or break fixes
- Intake, triage, communicate, resolve, and provide root causes for production support problems affecting the systems
- Lend expertise to provide a high level of customer support for investment analytics, risk, and compliance functions
- Provide support for the Wells Fargo Technology divestiture by ensuring production systems stability, streamlining, and ensuring awareness of impacts to workflows
- 4+ years of experience in business systems analysis and design as demonstrated through work
- 4+ years of experience with SQL Server database and Transact SQL and/or Oracle database and PL/SQL
- 4+ years of deep knowledge and understanding of operation work flows/processes
- 4 + years of deep knowledge and understanding of governance and compliance expected from providing solutions in systems and technology domains
We Value Diversity
- 4 + years of experience with Python scripting language
- 4 + years of familiarity with buy-side investment platforms (FactSet, Bloomberg, etc.)
- 4 + years of experience and familiarity with Allspring Global Investments (formerly Wells Fargo Asset Management) trading/investments systems is highly preferred
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Agile Methodology
- Asset Management
- Business Requirements
- Business Systems