Certified Nursing Assistant CNA 7am-3pm Location
Blackville, SC Department
Certified Nursing Assistant FLSA Status
Non-Exempt Reports to
ALICIA GARVIN, RN, DON Shifts hiring
Full-time Position Summary
Assist residents with activities of daily living, provide for personal care, comforts and assists in daily routine nursing care for an assigned group of residents in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan. Certified Nursing Assistants may be under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor, Unit Manager, or Director of Nursing.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist residents with personal hygiene including bathing, shower, shampoo, grooming, nail care, ear/eye care, oral hygiene, etc.
- Provide activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding residents as necessary, providing fresh water and nourishment between meals, ambulating, turning, re-positioning residents.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, events, visitors, etc.
- Assist with admissions, discharges, and transfers as requested; understands and utilizes care plans
- Takes vital signs of residents, e.g., temperature, blood pressure, and respiration and records information and documents/reports information regarding the resident's health, I&O, any change of medical condition, and care given.
- Assist residents in and out of bed and into wheelchair with proper mechanical devices and practice proper body mechanics at all times.
- Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Nurse Supervisor, Unit Manager or Director of Nursing as soon as practical.
- Report all accidents and incident you observe as soon as they occur.
- Provides range of motion exercises.
- Properly documents in accordance with established guidelines; receives and gives reports on resident's status or condition.
Position Requirement and Skills
- Provides routine care for the bedfast resident; turn intermittently if resident is bedridden due to illness.
- Recognizes and reports signs/ symptoms of abuse and/or change in condition
- Removes bedding and replace with clean linens per schedule or condition.
- Create and maintain required records according to establish facility procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Participate in department, volunteer, committee and individual meetings.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) conducted by government agencies and ensure required compliance.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards of practice.
Education & Experience
- Working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs helpful.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Excellent technical, assessment, documentation and writing skills.
- Have exceptional problem-solving and time management skill.
- Ability to multitask.
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Remain flexible and adaptable.
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Must possess, as a minimum, a High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Active Nursing Assistant certification from the state of South Carolina
- Minimum of one-year senior living, hospice, in-home health care, or skilled nursing experience in a therapeutic recreation and / or senior activities role is preferred.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with those who are ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile, within the facility.
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, and repetitive motions.
- Full range of body motion including handling and moving residents. Requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
- Must be able to move intermittently through the workday.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, staff, and support agencies.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that enable the senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Diseases And Disorders