To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kingsport, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Food Processing Technologist
Leclerc Foods Tennessee LLC • Kingsport, TN
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
FOOD PROCESSING TECHNOLOGIST
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the Food Processing Technologist must ensure compliance with established procedures to guarantee products of the highest quality. A high level of collaboration is expected internally with R&D Product and Packaging Development, Innovation, Quality Services and externally with Operation and Engineering. The Technologist must have an effective organizational ability to carry out a variety of tasks in a dynamic and complex environment. Remaining at the forefront of innovation in the food industry, it will propose improvements to increase the efficiency of manufacturing processes and quality of manufactured products.
- Collaboration with product, process and packaging developers on existing and new shelf stable products to deliver product performance (palatability, appearance, etc.), and food safe regulatory compliance;
- Working knowledge of process science and industry best practices;
- Ability to contribute in a multi-functional team;
- Self-starter with assertive project ownership qualities;
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative;
- Assist in the establishment of process parameters in support of new products/processes and improvement/modifications to existing processes.
- Actively participate in the implementation of various improvement projects ensuring compliance with established procedures;
- Attend all related to new product development activities;
- Support integration and production of new products;
- Ability to plan and coordinate plant trials and improvement projects;
- Develop and maintenance of data collections systems (production standards and parameters);
- Implement long term process development activities – coordination with Operations Engineering and Product/Process Technology teams;
- Participate in the implementation of process optimization projects;
- Create and maintain POKA guides within the quality department;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Food Science and Technology, Biology, or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food technical field (engineering, food science, chemistry) with industry experience;
- Knowledge of GFSI / BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations is preferred;
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.); Excellent people skills, maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written;
- Must be able read, interpret and comprehend weights, measurements, and mathematical equations;
- Be able to effectively understand and adhere to a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation), along with prioritizing and organizing workload;
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as a team;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong physical endurance; ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Ability to stand; walk; for long periods of time;
- Able and willing to work 10-12hrs daily;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.