Job Tracking ID:
Germantown, WIJob Level:
Mid Career (2+ years)Job Type:
October 08, 2020Years of Experience:
2 - 5 YearsStarting Date:
MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Electrical Engineer
within our Equipment Division at our facility in Germantown, WI. MGS Mfg. Group is a
best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market.
We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! We proudly employ over 1,300 employees worldwide. Our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgsmfg.com .
The Electrical Engineer
is responsible for the design of electrical control circuits along with machine software and programming architecture.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
Experience and Skills:
- Design of complete AC/DC electrical control circuits, network layout, panel layout, and enclosure layouts using AutoCAD.
- Understanding of electrical switches, relays, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, digital devices, analog devices, etc.
- Programming of PLC / PAC machine controls and HMI interfaces. May need to work with and modify existing "template" software.
- Responsible for safety circuit design and understanding of safety categories.
- Programming of ancillary devices including but not limited to servo systems, robotics, vision, and motion controllers.
- Perform electrical calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Support customer start-ups, factory acceptance testing, and on-site service support as necessary.
- Assist in ancillary production functions such as purchasing, costing, and assembly.
- Determine and document bill-of-material lists and order components for specific projects.
- Work with outside vendors such as electrical panel building shops in order to assure designs are properly executed and schedules maintained.
- Assist in mechanical assembly, other production duties, or organizational activities (Ex. inventory adjustments, re-arrangement of work areas, etc.) not necessarily directly related to electrical controls, in order to meet deliveries.
- Provide customer service technical support.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
Why you should apply:
- BS in Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Must be able to work independently from supervisor and team with minimal guidance.
- Understand typical industrial wiring schematics and diagrams.
- Understanding of basic industrial controls circuitry (emergency stop, typical motor starting circuits).
- Ability to design using AutoCAD.
- General software structure and programming knowledge & experience (knowledge of loops, Boolean logic, conditional statements, etc.).
- Specific experience programming industrial PLCs, experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell platforms a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCad or equivalent design software is required.
- Must be proficient using RSLogix software.
- This position may require travel up to 25% for initial machine installations, site acceptance tests, service work, trade shows, and customer visits.
- Great Benefits
- 401K Match
- Paid Holidays
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Excellent Teamwork and culture
Programmable Logic Controllers
Human Computer Interaction