To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Experienced Composites Engineer
Altec Industries , Inc. • Saint Joseph, MO
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
There is a Composites Engineer position available at our St. Joseph, MO manufacturing headquarters. This position will lead the design/development process, launch innovative engineered composite products and work directly with our suppliers. It is a challenging position with high visibility to senior management, requiring a hands-on, self-motivated individual. The opportunity for increasing responsibility and continued growth is one that is generally found in a small company, but with the added resources and stability of an industry leader.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or materials science engineering.
- 2+ years ( 5+ years preferred) experience in composites or materials development in areas such as:
- Filament winding
- Vacuum infusion (VARTM)
- Centrifugal casting
- Resin Transfer Molding (LRTM/RTM)
- Fiber reinforced thermoplastic compression molding
- Preferred: Experience in Solid Works and Ansys (FEA)
- Lead design/development and coordinate projects through manufacturing launch.
- Work with and apply cutting-edge composite materials and processes.
- Keep current on new materials and processing.
- Direct raw material and project in/outsourcing.
- Responsibly manage time and project schedule.
- Guide capital equipment purchase through implementation.
- Lead and participate in companywide Lean/Continuous Improvement events.
Altec pursues a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, goals build upon it, and everyone plays an essential role in helping to achieve it. The history, tradition and culture of Altec reflect our values (alphabetical):
• Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork •
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.