Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Company-Sponsored Life Insurance Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance Pet Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Program 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching Contributions Employee Assistance Program JOB SUMMARY
The Sales and Catering Administrative Assistant provides support to the Director of Sales and Catering, Group Sales and Catering managers that includes proactively communicating, responding to questions and requests, solving problems, providing information, and maintaining and organizing data in order to support the sales team and enhance the total guest experience.
Administrative Support to Sales and Catering
* Run Daily Event Agenda for following day's events
* Create Reader Board for following day's events
* Create door cards for the following day's events
* Run Guarantee Reports (groups arriving within 72 hours)
* Act as email/phone lead catcher and forward to appropriate sales manager
* Run daily Change Log report
* Revised and Pop-up Event orders (as needed)
* Update Event Order binder
* Route to departments per distribution list
* Process VIP Sales amenities
* Create and print Private Dining menu cards and Place Cards
* Organizes and maintains Sales and Catering filing system
* Process Sales and Catering turnovers
* Drafts Group Catering contracts
* Create folders for the new group and social definite bookings
* Provides pop-up site visits in the absence of Sales and Catering managers
* In-House Meetings
* Reserve space in CI/TY or Delphi
* Create Event Order; send to requesting department for approval and signature
* Run Event Order packet
* Route to departments per distribution list
* Place full packet in Event Order binder
* Create Resume Packet and Cover Sheet
* Print packets and distribute and distribute at weekly resume meeting
* Print/Restock wedding packets and sales kits and collateral for Sales and Catering Sales Manager
* Update catering menus as needed in CI
* Group and Catering Sales Managers
* Events Service Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
* Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost-saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
* Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
* Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
* Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
* The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
* Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
* Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
* Hospitality or related industry experience - required
* HOA Experience - required (Beaver Creek Lodge property only)
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Commercial Awareness