Alion Science and Technology has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Avionics Technician, located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. The candidate will apply a full range of philosophies, policies, procedures, and best practices to perform a wide variety of activities in support of existing and future aircraft acquisitions programs in the Fighters & Advanced Aircraft Directorate and Bombers Directorate. These Directorates are responsible for the requirements analysis, strategic planning, design, development, integration, test, production, deployment, sustainment, and modernization activities necessary to achieve U.S. and FMS aircraft weapon system and subsystem requirements.
- Provide technical expertise for existing, modified, and new Line Replaceable Units (LRUs), hardware and OFP design and integration for air vehicle systems and subsystems.
- Lead tasks in support of all aspects of the program, delivery, training, operations, maintenance, infrastructure, sustainment, and support.
- Apply extensive knowledge of aircraft systems and other aircraft operations expertise to assess developmental alternatives, integration, and flight test activities.
- Prepare/deliver/participate in programmatic, engineering, T&E briefings, planning efforts, execution, documentation activities, conferences, and reviews.
- Perform design review and analysis of weapon system contractor proposals and other technical documentation in support of the USAF or partner country program’s airframe, systems, and sub-system contract definitization, ECPs, or similar and provide recommendations back to our customer.
- Attend/participate in various program, management-level, and team-level meetings as required, both in-person and via telecom in support.
- Active Secret clearance required
- BA/BS degree and 12 years of experience in the respective technical discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD,
- OR, 15 years of directly related experience, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
Highly Desired Experience
- Flightline Avionics Experience, preferably on fighter or bomber aircraft
- Prior experience as a Senior Non-Commissioned Officer in the USAF
- Experience supporting Air Force Program Offices
Desired Technical Experience:
- Knowledge of avionics in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, and testing.
- Knowledge of requirements development and verification methods to include review of ICD, sustainment, T&E, system architectures, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
- Experience with:
- Communications, navigation, and identification (CNI) systems.
- Specific experience with Tactical Data Links (Link-16, MIDS-JTRS, TTNT)
- Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) development and validation
- Reviewing and/or developing AF Form 1067 (Modification Proposals)
- Ability to travel regularly (~10-25%) for program reviews and/or site visits, to contractor, test range, laboratory, or customer locations as directed/required.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not EligibleDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee’s talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.Covid Notice
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.