UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Health Plan Provider Liaison Manager serves as an operational leader by managing and overseeing staff engagement, along with interacting directly and managing provider relationships in support of the Community Plan of North Carolina. This position is responsible for oversight and resolution of service model failures within the market impacting provider satisfaction. The role collaborates with internal and external business partners to ensure highest levels of provider Net Promotor Score (NPS) and provider satisfaction and works as part of the health plan leadership team.
The role will require periodic travel to meet with providers and to attend meetings in office, when needed to support the Health Plan.
If you are located in North Carolina, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads staff to ensure performance expectations and goals are being achieved in alignment with organization’s mission and values
- Drives highest levels of provider satisfaction and Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Engages with team members on issue resolution to ensure issues are handled timely with a positive outcome
- Supports team and health plan leaders with resources to escalate provider issues that require business partners engagement for resolution
- Oversees and manages staff educational needs affecting staff and providers
- Engages and monitors staff’s engagement with the providers on operational visits, joint operating committees, town halls and other provider events
- Work effectively across the UHG Enterprise including collaborating with key business area (including network operations, Optum, Clinical, IT, Claims Operations, Call Centers, and other functional areas) to resolve provider issues and improve outcomes proactively for providers
- Serves as a primary contact and resolution lead for Health Plan executive team and State Partner provider escalations
- Interact with key leaders from large health systems and provider organizations
- Manages yearly staff evaluations and support staff with career development
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Solid analytical, critical reasoning and organizational skills
- Good organization and planning skills with ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines from multi-staff members within the department
- Sound interpersonal skills with ability to interface effectively both externally and internally with a wide range of people including executives, physicians, office staff and other health plan staff
- Ability to effectively drive results in a dynamic, matrixed environment with a high degree of organizational change, growth, and ambiguity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of provider relations or network management experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience giving professional presentations to all levels of organization
- Travel up to 50% of time within this NC market area
- Possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Intermediate level proficiency MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Live in/within commutable distance to Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, or Raleigh, NC
- Based on the Federal mandate full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 3+ years project management expertise
- Experience working in the billing department of a physician’s office and/or hospital
- Experience managing remote workers
- Expert level of knowledge of claims/systems processes, contracting and reimbursement methodologies
- Familiarity of the market dynamics and health systems/provider groups
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Health Plan Provider Liaison, Community & State, C&S, Piedmont Triad, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, NC, North Carolina