To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chiriaco Summit, CA 92201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Food Safety/ Quality Tech - Wonderful Citrus
Wonderful Citrus • Chiriaco Summit, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Other Great Industries
QA - Quality Control
Here's what you'll do:
The technician will manage the daily activities of his/her area including ownership of the results, coaching employees, interfacing with other departments and meeting production goals. One of the expectations of this position is that the candidate will be trained and will train others to work in all functional areas of the departments including but not limited to Receiving, Basic Food Safety, Packing, Shipping and WIP Room.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordinate and complete the startup activities and inspections of the area including quality, degreening, inspection of fruit scheduled on production lines, aging fruit in shipping and/or de-greening/WIP rooms.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and mobile solutions (iPad)
* Review time punch details for team members within their area.
* Work with other leads to manage immediate tasks as well as outages and special request.
* Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost and Productivity
* Responsible for operating computer systems to track quality trends and production activity and running quality reports as needed.
* Daily auditing of the cleanliness and 5S organization of the area. Teach and provide direction to employees to meet requirements.
* Assist in ensuring team members are trained in the safe and efficient operation of equipment in their area.
* Conduct safety incident investigations and complete necessary paperwork.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Complete hourly, daily, weekly, monthly food safety inspections and/or audits as needed.
* Act as a backup to document sign-offs as necessary for food safety
* High school diploma or GED.
* At least 1 to 2 years of a leadership role in a production environment preferred.
* The position requires precision and is very detail oriented.
* Speak, read and write in the English language, bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
* Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
* Precious knowledge of fruit, fruit quality and grade characteristics is a plus but not required.
* Must work with fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
* Good problem solving skills and communication.
* Must have advanced computer skills; experience required using Microsoft Windows (i.e. Excel and Word).
* Basic mathematical skills required. Must understand ratios, minimums and maximums and percentages.
* Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced work setting.
* Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
* Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
* Employee college tuition reimbursement
* Employee referral program - $1,000 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral
* Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000473337306
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.